*Yawn* – The new Dingoo A330 … almost, really, we mean it this time!
Well, over at Dingoonity. Dingoo Digital USA is taking preorders for the new … Dingoo A330! A quick poke about da Google reveals this from Ubergizmo:
Posted on Apr 26, 10 08:42 AM PDT
The Dingoo A330 Mini Game King is a new third party handheld console that measures roughly the size of a Game Boy Micro, where you are able to play a range of emulated ROMs as well as a host of other multimedia files. Just in case you are not happy with its 2.3" LCD display at 320 x 240 resolution, you will be able to watch it on a larger display using its video out connectivity. Apart from that, there is also an integrated 2.4 GHz radio receiver that lets you play nice with wireless game controllers, although we're not to sure whether anyone would want to do so.
Dingoonity provides more specs:
The A330 is the latest model of the Dingoo, featuring:
- Display: 2.8 inch QVGA (16 Million Colors) 320x240 DVD Quality LCD Screen
Prices start at around $100 for the A330, + shipping.
We should have a review of the A330 here at Dingoonity by mid-May.
(Buy the new A330 … it will save you the 15 minutes you will spend having to install every decent native app made to date.)
Evidently, the designers at Dingoo, in a cunning plan to distinguish their brand new baby from, um, just about every third MP3-MP4-Game player thing made in China, decided instead to do a Solid Snake, and hide in plain sight by adopting a well thought out “Let’s use those PSP cases – they’re everywhere, and they’re cheap” Strategy. Frankly, I liked this design much better:
At least it looks like the natural born child of our favourite chicklet.
Still more information can be had here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=8b2462baed2f5a0ca97695fe74eacc07&showtopic=222478&st=15
Following that thread will also lead, eventually, here: http://dingoo.hk/en/news.asp , where you get to read news of the coming A330, straight from the horses’ mouth:
There it is, from the manufacturer: everything they want to say about the new Dingoo! Let’s just say that the nice folks at Dingoo have always been very … reserved … about things. That’s the inscrutable Cufucian Ethos going down, right there!
It’s obvious though, that unlike this sort of BS, that something is brewing (though don'’t be too surprised if it turned out to be a nice pot of Jasmine tea and nothing more). If you look at the address above, you’ll notice that compared with this post from March 2009, the source is the company known as Dingoo. Observe also your honour, the name on the top left: “Dingoo Technology”. Whatever happened, BTW, to good old Dingoo-Digital at dingoo888.cn? Oh wait, they’re still there ...
OK, should you get one?
- Get WHAT exactly?! We’ve been down this road before. Wait, for pete’s sake.
- Perhaps the new A330 will blessedly come with its OS innards exposed, Dingux and all emulators preinstalled, and with a new DD designed UI that will rival the iphone for usability! There’s no smoke without fire after all!
- If you believe 2, it is because the smoke is from that huge reefer you’ve been sucking. Really, lay off the Ganja dude, it leads to all sorts of bad joss. Ok, ok, perhaps in moderation …
- Where was I?
- Oh yeah, let’s not forget that we don’t know anything yet about what cpu/chipset this uses. And that Booboo isn’t around to spread some of his genius to what will assuredly be a closed product.
Having said all that: someone PM me with a free sample please. I can most easily be bought.