Another A330 is now for sale on DealExtreme; this time, it’s the Dingoo A330LE Portable 3.0" LCD Game Console MP3/MP4 Player with FM/TV-out/Micro SD - White (4GB):
- Can be used as MP3, MP4 player, game player, FM radio, picture viewer and memory storage
- Built-in 4GB memory
- 3.0" LCD display (320 x 240 resolution)
- Expansion card: supports max 32GB Micro SD card
- Video format: RM, RMVB, MP4, AVI, MOV, FLV and MKV etc.
- Audio format: MP3, WMA, WAV, APE and FLAC etc.
- Image format: JPG, GIF, PNG and BMP
- FM frequency: 88.2~107.5MHz
- Built-in rechargeable 1800mAh battery
- Interface: 3.5mm audio + mini USB + TV-Out + Micro SD slot
- Supports below language: Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and English etc.
- Package includes:
- 1 x A330LE game console
- 1 x 3.5mm earphone
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x Screen guard
- 1 x Micro SD card adapter
- 1 x English manual
|I remember that there was a topic with the same title as this one, but it was about the various Dingoo A320 manufacturers. I'm a bit confused too, hence the title. |
There are a few interesting other portable consoles like our beloved Dingoo A320. As far as I'm concerned these are the:
To me that's very confusing: no less than 3 models are called "A330" and a few claim the 'Dingoo' name again. I'll try to list what I know and what I'd like to know. I'd like verification from you about the things marked in red.
1. The Gemei A330
2. The Dingoo technology A330
3. The Dingoo Technology A380
All in all the Gemei A330 "light" (w/o wireless) seems like a nice sucessor to the Dingoo, but there's no Linux/Dingux for it. There appears to be a SDK but not many custom applications have appeard as of yet.
The Dingoo Tech. A380 seemed a very promising platform for a while because of its out-of-the-box dingux support. As of yet, imho, that promise has not resulted in a whole lot of ported apps. yet. Correct me if I'm wrong... But the possibility to upgrade it w/ a wireless controller for two player fun is irresistible.
And what about a 2nd hand PSP now that Sony intrduces its all new and improved PSP-phone thingy? Because, if I'm not mistaken, a lot of the emulators that were ported to the Dingoo/Dingux were developed for the PSP. Not? One might be better of w/ a $100 2nd had PSP(slim) than w/ a $100 Chinese Dingoo like machine...
The really depressing part is that most developers have other priorities now (read: lost interest) than programming for these nice cheap and promising devices. Hence, I'm afraid that we'll have to live with the omission of some of the things that we hoped for in the beginning like MAMEfor the GA330, a real port of Linux/Dingux to one of the devices etc. This also has to do with the absence of proper SDK's.[/list][/list]