Timidity sound patch for Prboom

Many might find this useful:

A small fix for Timidity sound configuration

Postby CirothUngol on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:26 am

I ran into a problem with the Default Timidity Patch. Sometimes an instrument would drone or whine endlessly. I found that removing all of the keep=loop commands from the timidity.cfg file solved the problem. If you've had similar issues, I suggest you try it... or just re-download it here:

Timidity4Dingoo

...all I've done is fixed the configuration file.

Incidently, has anyone been able to run a better set of instrument patches? I tried to use Eric A. Welsh's EAWPats v1.2, but couldn't get them to work. Its only slightly larger, but it has a better diversity and is more complete. I was wondering if it would bog down the PRBoom engine any worse than it already is. Anyone else have better luck?

Re: A small fix for Timidity sound configuration

Postby Wren on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:21 am

I use the Unison soundfont with ScummVM on my PC and I am pretty sure I've used it with Timidity in the past. It's a nice general purpose sound bank. Give it a shot and see what you think.

ftp://ftp.personalcopy.net/pub/Unison.sf2.gz
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/Unison/

If the links are broken, you might have to google around for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dingoo A380 Review

Mancala for Dingux released (Mandingoo was released in 1975)

Idiot’s Guide to installing Dingux using Windows released

An interview with the creator of the Tauon PC-1, Volodymyr Mishin

How to show all your 17,083 c64 games from the c64 romset (archive.org) on the C64 Mini or C64 Maxi loader

The Dingoo-Scene JXD S7800B (Rockchip 3188 SoC) Android Gaming Console Review

Tauon PC-1 review

Dingoo representative at a320.freeforums.org !