Thursday, August 20, 2009

Timidity sound patch for Prboom

Many might find this useful:

A small fix for Timidity sound configuration

Postby CirothUngol on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:26 am

I ran into a problem with the Default Timidity Patch. Sometimes an instrument would drone or whine endlessly. I found that removing all of the keep=loop commands from the timidity.cfg file solved the problem. If you've had similar issues, I suggest you try it... or just re-download it here:

Timidity4Dingoo

...all I've done is fixed the configuration file.

Incidently, has anyone been able to run a better set of instrument patches? I tried to use Eric A. Welsh's EAWPats v1.2, but couldn't get them to work. Its only slightly larger, but it has a better diversity and is more complete. I was wondering if it would bog down the PRBoom engine any worse than it already is. Anyone else have better luck?

Re: A small fix for Timidity sound configuration

Postby Wren on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:21 am

I use the Unison soundfont with ScummVM on my PC and I am pretty sure I've used it with Timidity in the past. It's a nice general purpose sound bank. Give it a shot and see what you think.

ftp://ftp.personalcopy.net/pub/Unison.sf2.gz
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/Unison/

If the links are broken, you might have to google around for it.

No comments :

Post a Comment